Care & Storage
The proper care and storage techniques are important in keeping your Foley + Corinna handbags looking gorgeous forever. Here are some tips on how to care for your handbag;
- Empty the bag of contents and dust.
- Wipe off the exterior with a soft cloth.
- Stuff the handbag in order to keep its shape, with a handbag shaper or acid-free tissue paper.
- Place in your Foley + Corinna duster, or other breathable and soft dust bag.
- Unclip any removable straps and be sure no hardware is resting on the bag that doesn't need to be.
- Store alone in dust bag to avoid any scuffing or color transfer.
- Never hang your handbags from the straps as this can cause unnecessary stress and distortion.
Liberated vegan leather (Polyurethane)
- Wipe clean with a damp cotton cloth or baby wipe.
- A mild soap can be used to remove surface stains.
- Polyurethane is generally very durable and not subject to the same care & cleaning problems of genuine leather.
- Keep away from dirty or oily hands as leather is an absorbent material.
- Use a damp cotton cloth to remove dirt but be careful not to saturate any area of the bag.
- Only use a leather cleaner specially made for leather, and NEVER use an alcohol- or mineral-based cleaner as they can discolor or dry out the leather.
- Remove marks or clean spills as quickly as possible to prevent further staining.
- Treat with a leather conditioner to keep it supple and prevent cracking. Remember: leather is a skin so it can dry out and crack with age.
- Leather only improves with time and wear if properly cared for.
- Use a suede brush (or a soft toothbrush) to brush off any small marks.
- Do NOT use water or oil of any kind.
- Keep pens in a separate pouch and be sure they are capped while inside your purse. Try to stay away from clickable pens- ink stains can be tragic!
- Beware of color transfer. Brand new denim can not only transfer ink during the first wash cycle, but it can rub off on your handbag too, staining the material. Keep your handbag away from over-dyed fabrics.
- Keep your bag out of direct sunlight whenever possible to avoid discoloration over time.
When in doubt, take your handbag to a professional for any serious issues. Don't put your purse at risk with home remedies and repairs.
Foley + Corinna produced handbags made with 100% genuine leather until Spring 2016. Since then, we have moved to a 100% cruelty-free alternative: Liberated Leather. If you have questions about the material of your purse, feel free to send us a photo of your bag at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to help!
Note: Foley + Corinna does not offer repair or cleaning services.